Monday, June 20, 2016

A surprise visit to Hellocon!

Last Thursday I happened to mention to my boyfriend that I would have wanted to go to Helsinki Lolita Convention since it was going to be the last. He asked if he should find me a flight, and I said okay then! The following morning I was already on a plane to Helsinki.
-....-.....-......-..........-......-.....-....-
Originally I had packed my dark blue Infanta dress, but at the last minute I changed it to a pink dress. Of course, I did not remember to change the tights I 'd packed to match the pink dress, but luckily I did at least have some plain (ugly) white cotton tights to wear on the day.
 
Headbow: BtSSB
Blouse: Bodyline
Dress: Bodyline

 I did a little tour in the hall to see what they were selling before the opening ceremony. I didn't buy anything yet, but there was a dress that I was considering buying. I noticed a few other people looking at the same dress later, but luckily it was still there when I decided to get it. Picture of the dress is at the end of this post. :)


I had never seen any of Baby's dresses in real life before and the coarseness of the fabric suprised me.

 The opening ceremony was very brief introducing the schedule and guests.

The designer fashion show was the first on the list. I took too many pictures, so here's just a few of my favourites.

  I really enjoyed the interview of Baby's designer Kano Masumi. She told us that we can look forward to new animal prints and prints inspired by the countries their designers have been travelling to in the future!
 

The "World Championship of Bow Tying" was over very quickly. I was sitting in a bad place to see any of the tying action, but I managed to get a picture of the winning bow.

Lolita Project Runway was also over quickly. The one in the middle was the clear winner.

 The final thing that I stayed at Hellocon for was the Baby the Stars Shine Bright fashion show.
Again I took way too many pictures to include them all in this post, so here are just my favourites.


 
  I was getting really hungry and I had already done all of the shopping I wanted to, so I left right after the fashion show.

Finally, as promised, here is the picture of the Belladonna dress I bought at the event.
I also bought a blouse from the Lolita Collective table.

 -S

No comments:

Post a Comment