Sunday, September 1, 2013

New place, slow internet

School has started and I am now living on my own for the first time in my life. This room I'm living in doesn't really feel like home yet. It's so strange to have to take the key with me every time I need to use the bathroom or to just get a glass of milk. The hardest thing to get used to is that dinner is at the school canteen so I can't just go to my room and study (or surf the internet) for hours after the last lesson and then eat something late in the evening because the dinner is always served at 5pm and you have to be out of the canteen by 5.30pm.

Strict eating schedule, of course, is not the reason I haven't been blogging in a while.  I've had enough time to write I just haven't been able to actually get the text out there because the free wi-fi at the campus is really bad. On top of that, last weekend my new laptop stopped connecting to the internet completely because Norton's free trial ended. Do not use it! Luckily I was able to remove the program with my brother's help and my laptop is working fine again.

This post would look really plain with just text in it, so here is a picture from my new room which still needs to be organized.
It took me 20 minutes just to upload this one picture, so don't expect me to post every other week like I believe to have promised. I will get a USB modem for my laptop as soon as I can afford it.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment